- Complete the New York Insurance Scholars application (opens in new tab). Be sure to complete both pages. Fill out all relevant information. If the information does not pertain to you please indicate that it is not applicable.
- Submit with your application an essay (approximately 500 words), one letter of reference and a copy of your official transcript. The essay should address why you are interested in pursuing a career in the insurance industry and how your current studies will assist you in this endeavor.
- Send all materials to:
New York Insurance Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
c/o New York Insurance Association, Inc.
130 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12210
- A person matriculated in an accredited college or university that is authorized to confer degrees as a candidate for a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
- Scholastic standing (minimum of 3.0 GPA).
- Desire to work in the insurance industry.
- Community involvement/ volunteer work.
- Not receiving or eligible for full reimbursement for the expenses of tuition, board, books, etc. from another source.